Study in the Netherlands - which type of university should I apply to?
Research universities are primarily interested in your academic results, appraisals, achievements and the reasons you give for wanting to study a particular subject. They tend to have a traditional approach to teaching and learning. Undergraduate courses last for five years at research universities. This is made up of 3 years to gain your first degree (BA,BSc) and 1-2 years for a Master’s degree.
Universities of Applied Science generally look for students who wish to have a practical educational journey, and thus appraisals and references play a major part in determining whether or not you will be offered a place. The Universities of Applied Science undergraduate courses last for four years, and a Master’s degree takes and additional two years.
The Netherlands - University requirements
You will need to show proof of English language proficiency and can choose between sitting IELTS (6-6.5), TOEFL (80+) or CAE (C).Elab can provide you with any additional preparation you might need to pass these exams, including one-to-one tuoring and language workshops or courses.
Each university has its own checklist of required documentation, which will need to be translated prior to uploading.. These typically include:
- School certificate
- Exam results when available
- A Personal Statement
- Academic references
- Certificate stating the number of hours you were taught in those subjects you intend to study in Denmark.
Elab will assist you by:
- Helping you choose suitable universities and the right course for your interests, skills and career plans.
- Reviewing your application documents, ensuring you are ready to meet application deadlines
- Providing advice on additional activities, reading or studies required to enhance your chances of being accepted on your chosen course
- Providing details of fees, financing, accommodation and other practical information such as cost of living, how to register once you are in the Netherlands and how to apply for the essential BNS number you will need for your tuition loans and student financing application.